1. Did you know lavender oil can help with acne? Lavender oil is very moisturising and also has high antibacterial properties which can help kill off bacteria blocking the pores. That means lavender oil is perfect for preventing and also healing acne.
2. Another way lavender can be good for us is as a way to reduce stress and anxiety. This is because it acts as an anti-inflammatory, which means it dilates the blood vessels and regulates serotonin levels. Therefore decreasing stress and anxiety. Either rub some lavender soap on your skin or relax with our home scent.
3. So we all know lavender smells nice but did you know it’s good to eat too? Although the taste can be quite overwhelming in high concentrations the herb contains vitamin A which is very good for eye health. Vitamin A can help prevent cataracts and age-related macular degeneration as well as night blindness, dry eyes and eye infections.
4. Due to its calming effect the smell of lavender can also be a great sleep aid. This is because it increases slow-wave sleep, which is instrumental for slowing heartbeat and relaxing muscles.
5. You can also use lavender oil on your hair as it acts as a deep conditioner. It’s also good for making and keeping your hair shiny. As well as helping to control dandruff.